the 6th ANNUAL PYRMONT ART PRIZE
EVEN BIGGER & BETTER THAN EVER
PIRRAMA PARK, PYRMONT -- SUNDAY 20 MAY 11 AM – 5 PM
On Sunday 20 May 2012, a great day has been planned for the celebration of the sixth annual Pyrmont Art Prize. This year the event will be held in Pirrama Park at the old Police Water site on the panoramic foreshore of Sydney Harbour, at the end of Harris Street, Pyrmont. This exciting venue has recently been converted for public use by the City of Sydney.
The day will feature over 300 new artworks on display for the prestigious PYRMONT ART PRIZE, with thousands of dollars in prizes to be won. Official guest speakers and prominent judges have been invited, and a People’s Choice Award will also be presented from the attending public.
Live music and unique performances are always a special feature of the Festival. This year the festival will include street theatre and local talented musicians who will perform all day on stage. This event presented in conjunction with the Pyrmont Festival’s Mudgee wine & food in Pirrama Park. Tickle your taste buds with unique gourmet cuisine and produce direct from Mudgee. Bring your picnic rug and choose from a diverse range of cuisines for lunch and try some of the 120 wines from 30 of Mudgee region's top winemakers.
All artists are invited to enter the art prize, whether they are well known or not and artists are invited to create an art piece for public display and sale. This popular art event has been well attended by the community in past years, and many beautiful, original artworks may be purchased on the day.
- The theme of the art show is SMALL IS BEAUTIFUL.
- All artworks must be 12 x 12 inches in size and canvases can be picked up from TAP Gallery; 278 Palmer St, Darlinghurst.
- The entry fee of $20/$15 concession includes a canvas (+ $5 for postage, if you want it sent to you)
- You can supply your own canvas, however it must be 12 x 12 inches for display purposes and the entry fee is the same.
- Judges Andrew Frost, art critic, writer and broadcaster, and Marlene Sarroff, visual artist and Factory 49 committee member, will judge and award the prizes on the day.
Pyrmont Art Prize
1st: $1,000 cash + free exhibition at the Tap Gallery valued at $680 + Alternative Media advertisement valued at $380
2nd: $500 cash
3rd: $250 cash
People’s Choice Prize
1st: $500 cash + free exhibition at Culture at Work valued at $500 + Alternative Media advertisement valued at $380
2nd: $300 cash