Saturday, May 1, 2010

Knots on the brain

Another artwork is finished! I am feeling very productive this week as the date of the Tuesday Talk draws nearer. As I've mentioned, I've chosen to display the works in the wooden embroidery hoops, as I don't have time to have the properly framed before next week.


I hope to have the works framed with matboards cut to fit the circle roughly outlined by the tacking stitches around the outside. I will need to decide whether to frame them in square or round frames (I suspect my framer will prefer the former!) and what sort of frame to use, but that's a decision for another day.

The round shape of the works was inspired by the memories I had of Petri dishes in my high school science lab. Below is a photograph of one of the sets of small, round dishes in which Dr Adam Hamlin keeps his sliced, frozen mouse brains at the Queensland Brain Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment